College Sport Resume (CSR)
Distinctive Personal Resumes Online
The purpose of the professional sports resume is to highlight the student-athletes accomplishments and goals and to capture the attention of a perspective coach.
Majority of those students have a passion for sports from an early age, which is developed further in high school. Often they wish to continue to be involved in college by playing and working in sports facilities or even studying for an athletic related career, such as sports medicine or physical therapy.
This type of resume is typically used when seeking acceptance to a college athletic team. Investing time in a resume that highlights the student’s strongest accomplishments will give them an edge over the competition.
Their resume and other application materials will need to demonstrate to the scholarship committee that they’re up for the challenge of being a successful full-time college athlete and a successful full-time college student. Because they’ll be required to be both an athlete and a student, their resume will need to show that they’re capable of handling many responsibilities at one time. This resume will not only highlight their talents, training and interests in athletics but should also be tailored to appeal to the needs or requirements of the college.
A typical athletic resume will consist of the following items:
- Biography – providing a summary about the athlete, including personal information, athletic history, graduation date, game statistics and their goals for college.
- Athletic Profile – including all athletic accomplishments.
- Academic and Extra-Curricular Information. Coaches are interested in recruiting athletes who have the whole package, so it’s important to include their academic and extracurricular activities. If they volunteer, they should highlight this information as well.
- Current Game Schedule. Most college coaches will be interested in seeing their skills in action, so include a copy of their current game schedule.
- Highlight Video – is one of the most powerful marketing tools and a vital part of the recruiting process.
- Reference Section. List references the coach can contact, including coaches, academic advisers and personal character references. This will allow the coach to get a snapshot of their personal and athletic performance.
Keeping their resume online also allows them to instantly update their resume with the most recent achievements, even notifying potential coaches of this update. Online resumes can be changed within seconds.
Scholarships offered by colleges will be run by the:
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
- National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA)
- National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA)
For A List Of College Athletic Programs By U.S. State please click here
For A List Of Schools from A – Z please click here